This past weekend I participated in a Cook-Off on my friends team. I had never competed in a cook-off so it was a lot of fun but a lot more work then I expected! I competed in the Margaritas and Dessert sections. For the margaritas I made a Cherry Limeade Margarita that didn’t win, but for the Dessert I made a No Bake Peanut Butter Pie and I ended up winning 3rd Place! I know this is not what everyone would want but for me it was exciting since this was my very first cook-off!
This is a delicious pie that everyone will love! It is rich and light all at the same time! Plus I can say its reward winning now! Plus who can pass up an easy no bake recipe!
- 1.5 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- 6 Tablespoons(3 ounces) unsalted butter, melted
- 4 ounces milk chocolate
- 2.5 ounces(1/2 cup) honey roasted peanuts, rough chopped
- 13.5 ounces(1.5 cups) peanut butter
- 12 ounces cream cheese
- 1.5 cups heavy cream
- 1.5 cups powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Additional 1/4 cup honey roasted peanuts, rough chopped
- Mix graham cracker crumbs, sugar and melted butter together.
- Press into 9" pie pan.
- Chill till firm. I'd give it a good hour.
- Melt milk chocolate in microwave in 30 second increments till melted.
- Spread evenly on chilled graham cracker crust. You want to do this fast so you don't mess up the crust.
- Sprinkle chopped peanuts on top of chocolate and refrigerate so chocolate can harden.
- Cream peanut butter and cream cheese till smooth slowly adding in 1 cup of the powdered sugar.
- Add vanilla extract and continue to mix till everything is combined. I used a hand mixer for this.
- In separate bowl, whip heavy cream with remaining half cup powdered sugar till stiff.
- Gently fold whipped cream into peanut butter mixture and pour mixture into pie plate smoothing the top with a spatula. Refrigerate.
- Sprinkle with peanuts and a dollop of whipped cream.
The first step was making the pie crust so that it would be able to chill!
I then started on the Peanut Butter Filling. It was very thick so you definitely want to use a mixer!
I then made the whipped cream mixture and folded it into the peanut butter mixture!
I then put this over the chocolate and peanut layer and smoothed it out. I added some of the extra honey roasted peanuts to the top for garnish. You can also add a dark chocolate drizzle or whipped cream!
This pie is so delicious and if you are a peanut butter lover you will not be able to resist it! Plus you can tell all your friends that it’s award winning even if it was just a little cook-off!