One of my absolute favorite desserts is Key Lime Pie. It always reminds me of being at the beach with my family! I have been obsessing over desserts in a jar lately and decided that Key Lime Pie in a Jar was a perfect idea! I used the Mrs. Biddle’s Key Lime Pie Recipe that I always make my key lime pies with and went from there. I decided that this would be a fun treat for my friends for St. Patricks Day so I made it Green and Gold with a fun printable which you can find below!
- 1 cup of Graham Cracker Crumbs
- 1-14oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 4 egg yolks
- 4 oz (8 TBSP) key lime juice (I use Mrs. Biddle's Key Lime Juice)
- Green Food coloring
- Green Sprinkles
- 1 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 3 TBSP of Confectioners Sugar
- 1 TBSP of Vanilla
- Yellow Food coloring
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Put about 1/4 a cup of graham crackers in the bottom of each jar. You can add more than this if you want a heavier crust.
- Bake the graham cracker crust in the oven for a few minutes just to let it brown slightly.
- Mix together the sweetend condensed milk, 4 egg yolks, and 4 oz of key lime juice.
- Once this is mixed well add green food coloring until you get it the color you want.
- Pour key lime filling on top of graham cracker crust in jar.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes depending on oven.
- Let cool and then refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Make whip cream by first putting the heavy whipping cream into a bowl and mixing until you have strong peeks. Then add the confectioners sugar and vanilla and mix again until you have strong peeks.
- Add yellow food coloring until you get the color you wish.
- Pipe whip cream on the pies in the jar.
- Add sprinkles.
- The key lime recipe is from Mrs. Biddle's Key Lime Pie Recipe and I adapted it for this recipe.
I started off with making my graham cracker crust. I put about 1/4 cup of graham cracker crumbs in the bottom of my jar and baked them for about 5 minutes on 350 degrees F just to get them a little brown.
I then mixed together my key lime filling. I put the can of sweetened condensed milk in a bowl and then added the 4 egg yolks and then mixed in the 4 oz of key lime juice.
Once this was mixed well I added some green die to make my key lime pies festive!
I then poured my filling over my graham cracker crumbs and baked it for about 20 minutes. You should bake yours between 10-15 minutes because I found that baking it at 20 minutes was a little too long, but it still tasted good.
Once it was baked I added my yellow whip cream and some green sprinkles to top it off!
This turned out to be a fun and festive St. Patrick’s Day Treat which I can’t wait to share with my friends!