It has been really cold this week so I decided to make something to warm up with! I love chili when its cold! I’ve been trying to eat healthy after the new year and I found this Veggie Chili Recipe and thought it would be perfect!
- 2 green bell peppers, chopped
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 zucchini, sliced
- 1 yellow squash, sliced
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 2 cups kernel corns
- 1-16 oz can of diced tomatoes, including liquid
- 1-can of rotel (tomatoes and peppers), including liquid
- 2-16oz cans of pinto beans, including liquid
- 2-16 oz cans of black beans, including liquid
- 1-4 oz can of tomato paste
- Chop and saute the bell peppers and onions in oil. Add the sliced zucchini, yellow squash, chili powder, salt, ground red pepper, and kernel corns.
- When all the vegetables are cooked but still firm, add the tomatoes, all the beans, the rotel, and the tomato paste. Stir until just blended.
- Bring to a boil and then reduce the heat. Let simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
First I sautéed the bell peppers and onions together until the onions were almost translucent.
I then chopped up the squash and zucchini and added the corn.
I poured all of this and the spices into the pan and let it cook until the vegetables were cooked but still firm.
I then added the beans and tomatoes and let it simmer for 20 minutes.
I decided to serve it over rice and it was perfect for any cold day!
Inspire Me Monday, Craftastic Monday,Marvelous Mondays,Pin It Monday, Monday Funday, Inspiration Monday,Making Monday, Sweet Sharing Mondays,Tuesday To Do, Gonna Love It Tuesday,Twirl and Take a Bow,Do Tell Tuesday, Share Your Stuff,