One of my favorite desserts that my grandmother used to make was Hello Dollies. They are a family staple and one of my favorite recipes to make! I will say that I am a recipe follower and don’t deviate very well from them, but this is one of the few recipes that I can still make by heart everytime without a recipe! My mom asked for Hello Dollies instead of a birthday cake this year so I thought I’d share them on Whip It Up Wednesday!
- 1-1/2 cup crushed graham crackers
- 1 stick butter
- 11.6 oz bag chocolate chips
- 1-1/2 cup coconut
- 2 cups chopped pecans
- 1-14oz Eagle Brand Milk (or any condensed sweetened milk)
- Chop up the pecans if they are not pre-chopped.
- Melt on stick of butter and pour it into the bottom of a 9x13 pan.
- Add crushed Graham Crackers on top evenly.
- Add 1 bag of chocolate chips on top of the graham crackers.
- Add the coconut on top of the chocolate chips.
- Add the chopped pecans on top of the coconut.
- Pour 1 can of Condensed Sweetened Milk evenly on top of the pecans.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes or until brown on top.
- We always add it in the order chocoate chips, coconut, then the pecans. I think this makes the perfect Hello Dolly!
The first thing I did was chop up my pecans. My grandmother always believed that chopping the pecans made every recipe better especially when she made pecan pies!
Pour 1 stick of melted butter in the bottom of a 9 x 13 pan.
Add the crushed graham crackers on top of the butter evenly. This will form your graham cracker crust.
Add the chocolate chips evenly.
Add the coconut evenly.
Add the chopped pecans evenly.
Add the can of Condensed Sweetened Milk evenly to the top. Then bake for 20-30 minutes or until the top is lightly browned!
These are one of my favorite treats and they are so delicious! They would be perfect for a holiday party or a birthday!
Other Recipes you might like:
Linked up with:
Sweet Haute,Thriving on Thursday, Thursdays Are Your Days!,Time Travel Thursday,Share Your Cup Thursday,Live, Laugh, Thursday,It’s A Party, Project Stash, All Things Thursday,Moonlight and Mason Jars,. Show Off Friday, Inspire Me Please, Friday’s Five Features, Freedom Friday, Fancy This Friday, Inspiration Spotlight, Pin Worthy Project Party, Let’s Get Real, Friday Follow Along, Weekend Bloggy Reading, What’s Shakin’, Anything Goes, Pin Me Linky Party, That’s Fresh Friday, Tickled Pink Times Two, Get Crafty Friday
Creative Mondays,Craft-O-Manic Mondays,Busy Monday,Masterpiece Monday, Creative Corner Hop, Give Me The Goods, Make It Pretty,Nifty Thrifty Tuesday,Tweak It Tuesday, Inspire Me Tuesday,Talking Tuesday,Nick of Time,Join Me for the Scoop,Tuesdays at Our Home, Gonna Love It, Tuesday To Do