Since Thanksgiving is right around the corner I wanted to do a good side for Whip It Up Wednesday! I found this recipe over on Neighborfood and really wanted to try it! I decided to make this for our potluck at work!
- 2 lbs. ground beef
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 can cream of chicken or mushroom soup
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cans low sodium green beans (or 16 oz package frozen green beans)
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese (I used a mixture of mild and sharp)
- 1 large bag tater tots
- 1. In a large skillet brown beef until no pink remains, about 10 minutes. Drain the fat.
- 2. Season with salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Place meat mixture in the bottom of a 9 x 13 in pan.
- 3. In a mixing bowl, whisk together cream soup, sour cream, and milk. Pour over hamburger.
- 4. Scatter green beans over top of the soup mixture.
- 5. Scatter shredded cheese over green beans.
- 6. Refrigerate or freeze until ready to bake. Allow frozen casserole to thaw in the fridge overnight before baking.
- 7. When ready to bake, preheat oven to 350 degrees. Arrange tater tots on top of the cheese. If you are taking it straight from the fridge, place the pan in the oven right away so it can warm up with the oven. Bake until mixture is bubbly and the tots are golden brown, about 45 minutes to an hour if coming from the fridge.
- The original recipe had onions but I decided to take out the onions for some people I work with!
I started off by cooking the ground beef and putting it in my casserole dish. I took out the onions from the original recipe over at NeighborFood because my boss hates onions.
I then poured the cream sauce made of cream of mushroom, sour cream, and milk on top of the beef.
I put the two cans of green beans on top of this.
Added the cheese.
Added the tater tots and it was ready to cook! This was a very simple recipe to make!
I cooked it 45 minutes and it was done. Mine was not frozen so it was right at 45 minutes. This is a very yummy side dish with so many great things in it! This is a great dish to take to Thanksgiving if you are still looking for something to make!
Other Whip It Up Wednesdays you might like:
Linked up with:
Wine’d Down Wednesday, And Sew We Craft Together, Wow Us Wednesday, Wonderful Wednesday, Dandelion Wishes, Look What I made, What we Accomplished, Lovely Ladies, What We Love, Wow Me Wednesday, We Did It!, Whatever Goes Wednesday, A Little Bird Told me, Work It Wednesday, DIY By Design,, Sugar and Spice,Wednesday Roundup, A Creative Princess, The Project Stash, Catch a Glimpse, Sweet Haute, Create it Thursday, All Things Blog Hop, Thriving Thursday, Time Travel Thursday, Made U Look, Home and Garden Thursday, Share Your Cup, Home Sweet Home, Foodie & Crafties Soirees, Foodie Friends Friday, Show Off Friday, Inspire Me Please, Freedom Friday, Pinworthy Project Party, Let’s Get Real, TGIF Living Better Together, Weekend Bloggy Reading, What’s Shakin, Anything Goes, The Fun in Functional, Pin Me Linky Party, Get Crafty Friday, Finding the Pretty & Delicious, Think Pink Sunday, Saturday Night Fever, Suburbsmama Sunday Link, A Bouquet of Talent, Link it or Lump It, Silver Pennies Sunday, It’s Party Time, DIY Sunday Showcase,The DIY Party, Inspire Me Monday, MMM Link Party, Inspiration Monday, Block Party, Craftastic Monday, Inspire Me Monday, Creative Monday, Busy Monday, Masterpiece Monday, Inspiration Monday,Sweet Sharing Monday, Pin it Monday, Craft-o-maniac Monday, What’d You Do This Weekend, Making Monday, Much Ado About Monday, Made By You Monday, The DIYer, Creative Corner Hop, Give Me The Goods, Make It Pretty/Nifty Thrifty Tuesday,Tweak It Tuesday, Inspire Me Tuesday,Talking Tuesday,Nick of Time,Join Me for the Scoop,Tuesdays at Our Home, Gonna Love It, Tuesday To Do, Awesome Things Tuesday
If you’d like to see all the places we party visit our Where I Party! Page.